If you’ve got neck or shoulder pain, stiffness or an ache, it’s easy to think “oh it’s just an ache and will go away tomorrow”. Or maybe you assume you just slept wrong or just spent too much time at the computer. Even worse, maybe you think “it’s normal” because you’re getting older…
There’s no obvious reason that it happened, but it doesn’t seem to be getting better!
If so, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Neck And Shoulder Pain is one of the most common problem we see in our clinic in Columbus, Ohio. We help people every day who feel exactly this way.
✔️ "Why am I having this neck and shoulder pain?"
✔️ "Why did my neck and shoulder pain return, even though I've gotten it treated before?"
✔️ "Why has just resting not fixed my neck and pain?"
✔️ "Will I ever get back to the workouts and activities I love without pain?”
Most people think that when they get Neck And Shoulder Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if Neck And Shoulder Pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physio Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers" and “see how it goes”. But then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be given ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
Maybe you're confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a shoulder problem - but it’s actually your neck where the problem is? It’s a very confusing part of the body to work out where the problem is, and this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Neck and Shoulder pain. Worse, many people just end just accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
😞 You thought it would go away on it's own...but it didn't.
😞 The Doctor told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help the cause, and as soon as they wore off, your Neck And Shoulder pain came back.
😞 A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Neck And Shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it.
😞 You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or even Physical Therapy in the past, but it didn't seem to help, so you think it won't work now.
😞 Relying on “Dr. Google” or YouTube for exercises that didn’t make any difference (or maybe even made your Neck And Shoulder pain worse!)
😞 You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck And Shoulder Pain was so bad, but the rest only made it feel worse!
😞 You got a few relaxing massages, hoping it would fix the pain, but the pain came back a few days later.
If any of this has happened to you, we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with A Doctor of Physical Therapy to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Here are 4 things you can do that will help you end Neck And Shoulder pain and feel free:
1) First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed…or the pain has gotten worse.
2) Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your Neck And Shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises. The right exercises given to you by a specialist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quickly - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3) Avoid long periods of rest, or sitting/sleeping in awkward positions - the truth is that our bodies were designed to move. While certain activities like running or lifting may bother your neck or shoulder right now, that doesn't mean that restricting all movement is what you need to be doing. In fact, it might be the very thing that makes your neck or shoulder pain worse. If certain movements are painful, it's important to find the root cause and get you moving properly so you can continue staying active without neck and shoulder pain.
4) Get real, “hands-on” and customized treatment - Customized physical therapy treatment is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at Diverge it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - high quality and customized treatment can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the treatment at Diverge can help you live with less neck and/or shoulder pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment with a neck and shoulder pain specialist:Note: this free discovery session is something we offer to people to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy, unsure of it's benefits, or perhaps they've had unsuccessful physical therapy before. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery visit so we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part. Apply For Your Free Discovery Visit By Clicking The Button Below:
So the next question is...
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck and shoulder pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- Neck and shoulder pain can “zap” you of energy and limit your ability to be active - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your health long-term
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck and shoulder pain once and for all
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to or continue your favorite workoouts, sports, activities, or family time
- Basically… our neck and shoulder pain specialists can help you get back to living life free from daily, nagging neck and shoulder pain
Ben, Rock Climber & Personal Trainer, Park City, UT
“Prior to working with Matt, I had trouble with significant pains in my shoulders. As a rock climber I was constantly tweaking my shoulders during training. With a labral repair on each shoulder already I was concerned that I was going to blow my shoulders out and have to go through surgery again. Through PT my shoulders functioned much better. The best part of the process was that I was educated on how to better take care of my shoulders and was shown how to work this new knowledge into my training and performance. I was in the middle of rock climbing season and Matt did not tell me I had to stop until we "fixed" things. We were able to come up with a plan of attack that allowed me to continue training, only limiting what was necessary and I came out of PT climbing stronger than I ever had. Where some PT's treat you as if you are fragile and push you away from the things you love, Matt works with you to keep you in your game while working to resolve your physical issues.”
Chris, Auto-Mechanic, Columbus, OH
“My biggest challenge before I started PT was just being able to make it through a full work day without being in debilitating pain, having to ice as soon as I got home and constantly being on some form of pain medicine. For upwards of 5 years I've been experiencing pain, and as an automotive technician I am up moving around throughout my work day. My range of motion was limited, I couldn't golf or play tennis and I struggled to pick up my nephews. After working with Matt, I can work a full shift without pain! I can ratchet, lift, hammer, and pry for the first time in years, pain-free! I have my full range of motion back. I was also able to pick up a golf club and swing at the driving range for the first time in over a year. I did not ever imagine that I would have improved as much as I did under Matt's care.”
Choose which option works best for you...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form!