If you’ve got lower back pain or sciatica, stiffness or an ache, it’s easy to think “oh it’s just an ache and will go away tomorrow”. Or maybe you assume you just slept wrong or just sat in that hard chair too long. Even worse, maybe you think “it’s normal” because you’re getting older…
There’s no obvious reason that it happened, but it doesn’t seem to be getting better!
If so, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem we see in our clinic in Columbus, Ohio. We help people every day who feel exactly this way.
✔️ "Why am I having this back pain?"
✔️ "Why did my back pain return, even though I've gotten it treated before?"
✔️ "Why has just resting not fixed my back pain?"
✔️ "Will I ever get back to the workouts and activities I love without pain?”
Most people think that when they get Back Pain or Sciatica, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physio Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers" and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever good advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and is exactly why so many people are suffering with chronic lower back pain - because the traditional healthcare system doesn't give them the care they so desperately need.
Why else does back pain & sciatica last longer than it should? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something - like lifting or sleeping awkwardly - but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture and repetitive stress that caused the muscles in your core to become weak and the lifting or the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing - back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
😞 You thought it would go away on it's own...but it didn't.
😞 The Doctor told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help the cause, and as soon as they wore off, your back pain came back.
😞 A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it.
😞 You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or even Physical Therapy in the past, but it didn't seem to help, so you think it won't work now.
😞 Relying on “Dr. Google” or YouTube for exercises that didn’t make any difference (or maybe even made your back pain worse!)
😞 You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Back Pain was so bad, but the rest only made it feel worse!
😞 You got a few relaxing massages, hoping it would fix the pain, but the pain came back a few days later.
If any of this has happened to you, we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with A Doctor of Physical Therapy to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
Here are 4 things you can do that will help you end back pain and feel free:
1) First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed…or the pain has gotten worse.
2) Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises. The right exercises given to you by a back specialist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quickly - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3) Avoid long periods of rest - the truth is that our bodies were designed to move. While certain activities like running or lifting may bother your back right now, that doesn't mean that restricting all movement is what you need to be doing. In fact, it might be the very thing that makes your back pain worse. If certain movements are painful, it's important to find the root cause and get you moving properly so you can continue staying active without back pain.
4) Get real, “hands-on” and customized treatment - Customized physical therapy treatment is proven to help people with back pain. In fact at Diverge it’s one of the most common issues we see people aged 30+ living with. If your back pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - high quality and customized treatment can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the treatment at Diverge can help you live with less back pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment with a back pain specialist:Note: this free discovery session is something we offer to people to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy, unsure of it's benefits, or perhaps they've had unsuccessful physical therapy before. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery visit so we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part. Apply For Your Free Discovery Visit By Clicking The Button Below:
So the next question is...
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your back pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- Back pain can “zap” you of energy and limit your ability to be active - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your health long-term
- We can help you get through the day without having to rely on wearing a brace to help ease the pain
- We can help you avoid dangerous back surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
- We can help you get back to or continue your favorite sport, activity, or family time
- Basically… our back pain specialists at can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic back pain
Tamika, Powerlifter, Columbus, OH
“Matt is awesome! He knows his stuff and understands how a lifter works. Being a powerlifter with 3 herniated discs moving around doing normal things hurt. I had gotten used to being in pain all the time. Working with Matt has gotten me back to moving around pain free. I had forgotten what that was like! It's an amazing feeling! He wants what you want which is just get back to your life and not be in pain.”
Chris, Auto-Mechanic, Columbus, OH
“My biggest challenge before I started PT was just being able to make it through a full work day without being in debilitating pain, having to ice as soon as I got home and constantly being on some form of pain medicine. For upwards of 5 years I've been experiencing pain, and as an automotive technician I am up moving around throughout my work day. My range of motion was limited, I couldn't golf or play tennis and I struggled to pick up my nephews. After working with Matt, I can work a full shift without pain! I can ratchet, lift, hammer, and pry for the first time in years, pain-free! I have my full range of motion back. I was also able to pick up a golf club and swing at the driving range for the first time in over a year. I did not ever imagine that I would have improved as much as I did under Matt's care.”
Choose which option works best for you...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form!